Monday, June 4, 2018

Back Online

Once again I'm in the country of Sagebrush and Scattered Junipers.  This afternoon I'm under the biggest juniper in a stand of them (no bad wather forecast) enjoying the shade while looking at a very impressive Rampart Ridge I must climb tomorrow.  Please excuse any unnecessary capitalizations.  It's the voice recognition and I'm too lazy to go back and change them all.  I'm just glad to have a 4G connection again. The other day I had internet briefly but lost it before I could put out a post.  I was able to return some emails about the 4th of July party though.  When last we spoke I was leaving Paisley for an 8-day jaunt to Plush. I made it there yesterday afternoon after a 24 Mile day.  Well, I should really say 22 because I accepted a ride on a long boring paved Road into town in the latter hours of the day.  I was so dry when I got into the store that I had two Snapple Iced Teas one after the other and then a beer.  Today I started a three-day trek up to Hart Mountain Refuge headquarters.  I got a good start on it by making 18 miles today.  Over the preceding days the hike has continued to be really tough but rewarding.  I can tell I have lost weight. There have been
 Hart mountain store in Plush has lots of character
 And air conditioning!
 Warner Lake water filtered well after running thru a bandanna.

 Warner Lake.  Lots of white pelicans


 I love old cabins.  Guess the stove was too heavy to take.
lots of long of uphills, some with a heavy pack because of the water I've had to carry.  I filter gallons of water from Trailside streams and lakes.  Two lakes I also took a dip in and it sure felt good to be clean.  I walked a lot of mountain forest and tundra with incredible flowers while in the Fremont national Forest, and yes, I had a good bit of XC travel.  But I'm making it! At At this rate I should be done in 7 days though it's possible I could take a layover at Hart Mountain Hot Springs if it looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment