Monday, May 21, 2018

A long day

I started walking around 6:30 today, the latest yet.  The difference was because I had a sit-down breakfast instead of on the Run.  I'm not sure how far I went but it has to be further than yesterday, as was my goal.  2 miles of cross-country made it really tough.  It must have taken me almost 90 minutes to make those lousy two miles when usually I would have done themt in 40 minutes.  And that's the way the other cross-country sections have been too.  I was snaking through the sage, junipers, and rocks sighting from one tree or bush to the next with my compass.  The ground was crunchy too, though not the kind you're supposed to keep off of.  Things have so far have been uncrowded as promised.  I saw two dog walkers the first day, no one the second day, two small groups of ATVers yesterday, and no one today.
 Lovely water at Sand Spring
 These are everywhere
 A welcome oasis.  Below, water filtering

No comments:

Post a Comment