Thursday, May 24, 2018

Past 100 miles

I think I'm at about a hundred and ten. I haven' been able to post lately because of connection issues.  I hope this can get out tonight along with some pictures which seem to take forever to load. I lost a couple of posts I thought I had saved too. Oh well they probably weren't that interesting anyway. I still have the pictures to share.  I found my first water cache yesterday, notnot with difficulty at the Lost Forest.   Something with went wacko with the GPS Waypoint I sit there and it was way off. I ended up finding the water from memory and a picture I took.  I also ended up not needing all the water so used the extra to wash off with. Today I found my second cash stashed in the sagebrush off wagontire road out of Christmas Valley with no problem at all.  When we pulled up to deploy that one I remember Michael allender saying " you've got to be kidding" when he looked around and saw trackless Sagebrush for miles and miles and miles.  It was on a cross and Country section as was much of today's route.  And he was right, there ain't much out there.  Yesterdayrday afternoon I Met up with another hiker.  20 year old Danny Archibald was from North Carolina, and we walked together for a good half of the day. He is navigating mostly by map and Commpass uses his GPS very little.  Relying on him a bit saved
 Old juniper snags everywhere
me a lot of battery this morning in not having to check the GPS as often.  We may meet up again inin Paisley.  The XC isn't getting any easier and I still have lots of it to go including it almost 10 Mile continuous section tomorrow.  It's not so much the scenery for me though that is important of course.  I figured out my my main reason for being here is the challenge. I just want to see if I can do it.

  360 view from two nights ago

No comments:

Post a Comment