Sunday, May 20, 2018

Sing Your Camel to Bed

It wasn't midnight but Sand Springs sure was an oasis today.  It has the only water around for miles and miles and I needed it. Though the water didn't look too appetizing I spent probably 2 hours there filtering it, resting, and eating. I had I similar hour-and-a-half delay at Pine Mountain Observatory where I topped off my backup battery and loaded the food and water from the cache there.  My pack is pretty heavy now with five and a half days food plus a gallon and a half of water. I explained earlier that the three extra days of food are because of a mix-up I made leaving boxes.  The Observatory got one with more food than I needed.  Now I'm paying for it.  About five miles was downhill today and all the rest was on the flat.  15.2 miles.  Maybe I'll do more tomorrow since I don't have to stop anywhere.  I can't get the pictures to upload so won't't have any tonight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment