Monday, May 28, 2018

Visitors From Home

My extra layover day here in Paisley turned out to be just great instead of a boring clock watch when Road Warriors Bill and Mary Ann Jordens showed up around 10:30.  After some visiting Bill suggested we head north to Crack in the Ground, a very interesting geological feature outside Christmas Valley.  That was so much fun we went from there to Fort Rock and checked it all out.  Then we had a couple of beers from frosted mugs in Christmas Valley before heading back to Paisley for more beer and dinner.  Also, importantly, Bill gave me a pair of socks to replace some REI SmartWool ones that blew out on me. I started with two pairs. 
 Inside Crack in the Ground

One went out on the 4th day and the other one a couple of days later.  In both cases there were holes in the heels.  Diane sent me a replacement pair, not SmartWool, in the box I'm to pick up at the post office tomorrow morning before heading out again.  She would have sent two pairs but didn't know the second ones had blown out at the time I first asked for a replacement.  Bill and Mary Ann's visit really brightened up my day and I was so glad to see them.

2 comments:

  1. Beer followed by more beer is always a good protocol. Glad you were able to have such a festive day after miles of grueling sagebrush slashing. And, new socks to boot! Audz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blew out 3 pairs of socks. Even Bill's went out after 4 days. Holes in the heels with all. Fortunately wearing them that way didn't cause a problem so I just went hobo Style.

    ReplyDelete